position paper

Unwind the lie that glorious guerillas defeated the mighty US in Vietnam, or the mighty Soviets in Afghanistan, Hungary, Poland, etc. This is where you can read the harsh military realities of sophisticated modern weaponry and how the second amendment isn't worth the paper it is written on.

position paper

Postby kerravon » 2011-02-12 01:07

I actually already have a working version of this:

http://www.mutazilah.org/warfare.htm

It was written when the Tunisians were still in a seemingly perilous state, and so I probably used excessive hyperbole to drive the point home. Thrown open for comments now that the main danger has passed. :-)
kerravon

Re: position paper

Postby kerravon » 2011-02-12 04:43

You know, after the tsunami, Australia sent a large amount of aid to Indonesia.

Indonesia promptly went out and bought some new Russian warplanes, since money is fungible. Australia then (at leat nominally) needed to counter that with warplanes of its own.

While all the while Indonesia teaches its citizens about how their glorious guerillas defeated the Dutch military. I'm just wondering - if the glorious guerillas are so glorious - why don't they just make their armed strategy based on glorious guerillas popping up as required, instead of spending money on modern military hardware?

Or isn't the government stupid enough to believe its own propaganda? When Bush snr called on the Iraqis to rise up in 1991, he believed his own propaganda. Why can't the Indonesians do that too so that they can pay for their own reconstruction?
kerravon

Return to warfare