inspiration

Marx created a narrative. The Soviets perfected it. The West internalized it. It "explains" all evil in terms of either American or British empire-building. The only problem with it being it is a pack of lies from start to finish. This is where the history of the evolution of the free world can be honestly written.

inspiration

Postby kerravon » 2011-02-11 12:26

When I read this article:

http://forum.newzimbabwe.com/Index.php? ... cism-myth/

(originally http://www.africancrisis.org/Ph_News_0535.asp)

"TWISTED VERSION OF HISTORY which was cooked up by Russian propagandists and taught to the "black Liberators" (e.g. Mugabe, etc)."

I realized how deep the Soviets had managed to penetrate western thought, because at one time I was a victim to at least some of the narrative. I didn't have access to sufficient raw data, and knew that my country (Australia) had freedom of speech, so I had some faith that I was being fed the truth. It is quite incredible that simply no-one is exercising their freedom of speech to counter the heart of the Soviet propaganda.

Anyway, I noticed it on display here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters ... _back.html

and made the effort to sign up and start countering the points. But of course at the end of the day, blog comments are lost, and there is no correction to the main article. So today I decided to flesh out the website to cover more than just Tunisia. And also switch the focus to only allowing science-based debate rather than prove how open the right-wing is by allowing the left to spread their propaganda. Yes, there is a time and a place for that. But in my travels on the internet I haven't seen a forum specifically set up for science to be applied to politics etc. There are conservative sites for sure - which may come with bible-bashing baggage. I could hang out at a neocon site, but it isn't quite what I want either.

I want a place to bring together stuff from "the dark corners of the internet". So let's see how this works out.

P.S. And "The Narrative" (terminology) is something I picked up from a neocon blog I follow:

http://coldfury.com/
Last edited by kerravon on 2011-02-11 13:53, edited 1 time in total.
kerravon

Re: inspiration

Postby kerravon » 2011-02-11 13:48

The rough timeline I have in mind is:

1. Gloss over the millenia of dictatorship.

2. Magna Carta getting Britain on track.

3. Iceland world's first democracy, but no ability to spread that at all.

4. America managed to advance the cause, with the French helping for unrelated reasons

5. Got as far as WW1 with UK, US and France all on the democratic bandwagon. Germany still holding out as a challenger.

6. WW2 and finally got the Germans to cross over. Russians still holding out.

7. 1991 and we get the Russians to at least be quasi-neutral, allowing the rest of Europe to cross over, with Romania standing out as a revolution.

8. Afghanistan, Iraq, Tunisia significant crossovers.
kerravon

Postby kerravon » 2011-02-12 00:18

kerravon wrote:6. WW2 and finally got the Germans to cross over. Russians still holding out.

7. 1991 and we get the Russians to at least be quasi-neutral, allowing the rest of Europe to cross over, with Romania standing out as a revolution.

Oh yeah.

6.5 Decent British colonial rule (similar to current American colonial rule of Puerto Rico) was replaced with Hell on Earth as local dictators took over and spun the lie that the people were "free" under their cruel dictators, and no-one pulled the plug on this horror. Main problem here was terminology - "free" does not mean "independence from the UK".
kerravon

Postby kerravon » 2011-02-14 10:11

kerravon wrote:The rough timeline I have in mind is:

1. Gloss over the millenia of dictatorship.

2. Magna Carta getting Britain on track.

3. Iceland world's first democracy, but no ability to spread that at all.

4. America managed to advance the cause, with the French helping for unrelated reasons

5. Got as far as WW1 with UK, US and France all on the democratic bandwagon. Germany still holding out as a challenger.

I'm not entirely sure that the individual freedom around the world should be mentioned. E.g. after the US "revolution" they did advance the cause of the freedom concept, even though only white male landowners could vote. So mentioning when non-landowners got the vote in every country in the world is inappropriate.

However, since "The Narrative" would never bring this up, and since there were real wars (I don't remember men killing men so that women could be free), perhaps we can mention:

4.3 - The British Navy put an end to the slave trade in 1860.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_slave_trade

4.5 - In 1865, white Americans killed other white Americans in massive numbers (more than 600,000) so that black Americans could be free

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War

4.7 - In 1893 New Zealand women got the right to vote. (thought this would be helpful for historical context too, although there is obviously a lot more to the story than that single year)
kerravon

Postby kerravon » 2011-02-14 12:38

kerravon wrote:4. America managed to advance the cause, with the French helping for unrelated reasons

4.8 In 1901 Australia became independent - a rare case where leaving Britain produced "business as usual" instead of something worse.

5. Got as far as WW1 with UK, US and France all on the democratic bandwagon. Germany still holding out as a challenger. America very tardy about coming to the aid of the free world.

6. WW2 and finally got the Germans to cross over. Russians still holding out. America very tardy about coming to the aid of the free world.

6.3 1953 - America (now leading the free world) ensures that South Korea remains free. Help provided by the usual suspects.

6.5 1973 - America et al abandon South Vietnamese allies, who are then successfully invaded by a column of North Vietnamese tanks that could have easily been destroyed from the air. No member of the free world willing to provide air cover to the South Vietnamese. UK and Canada were complete no-shows. Soviets lie and claim that guerillas won the war (not tanks), and that America was the bad guy, rather than the North Vietnamese communist dictatorship. West stupid enough to believe the whole story. Beginning of Western decline.

6.7 1979 - Iran has a revolution to replace a dictator with a far worse dictator. West pointed out at the time that that was a pretty dumb idea.

6.8 1986 - Philippines has an idea to have a revolution to install democracy instead of another dictator, setting a trend.

6.9 1989 - China proves that automatic weapons can defeat revolutionaries if you simply pull the trigger.
kerravon

Return to narrative